What is the difference between the Tab Lock Rigid Mailers and the Self Seal Rigid Mailers?
We now have two options for rigid mailers:
They are both 100% recycled paperboard - 90% of which is post-consumer recycled content. Both are a brown Kraft color, with a great eco-aesthetic! You can use both of them for photos, documents, art prints, etc., but now you have a choice as to the rigidity and closure style.
Here are the differences:
Tab Lock Extra Rigid
- Features a tab lock closure. Tape is recommended if you would like a security seal.
- Constructed from 36 pt. paperboard
- Effectively resists bending
- Heavier weight (check the Tech Specs tab under each size listing for weight)
Self Seal Rigid
- Features convenient peel-and-seal closure
- Constructed from 28 pt. paperboard
- Will bend slightly
- Lighter weight (check the Tech Specs tab under each size listing for weight)
If you are not sure which style would suit your needs best, please feel free to order a sample to try them out!